Causes, Prevention and Correction of Impaired Posture in Children of Primary School Age

  • В. А. Щирба International Economics and Humanities University named after Stepan Demyanchuka
Keywords: correction, posture, scoliosis, physical education, corrective gymnastics

Abstract

Research Objective. The objective of our research was to provide theoretical substantiation and implement corrective gymnastics in practice for the purposes of prevention and correction of faults in schoolchildren’s posture. The main means for shaping the correct posture, preventing and correcting faults in posture are callisthenic routine and special corrective exercises.

Research methods: anamnesis, somatoscopy, clinical and mathematical methods.

Research results. The medical examination revealed that only six of 60 pupils had normal correctly shaped posture, which accounts for 10%. The posture of the other 90% of the pupils was impaired. The most common faults were: asymmetrical pectoral girdle and shoulder blades, stooping posture. The examination revealed 19 pupils with scoliotic posture, which accounts for 44 %. The posture of 24 pupils, or 40%, was hyperkyphotic and stooping. In other words, the posture of 84% of the pupils was scoliotic or hyperkyphotic. The rest of the pupils had flat and kypholordic posture. It is worth mentioning that some of the pupils examined had more serious disorders of their musculoskeletal system, namely: organic disorders, such as spinal disorders in the sagittal plane — the scoliosis types excluded from the study. Significantly, the first main reason of posture disorders is weakness of the pectoral muscle sling.

Conclusions. The principal means of prevention and correction of impaired posture are using special physical exercises designed to create a muscular corpus and correct particular faults in posture. We therefore developed sets of exercises intended to correct posture defects and proposed them to the physical education teacher and class teachers.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

/

References

Citations

PREVENTION AND CORRECTION OF POSTURE IMPAIRMENT PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS’ AT THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSES
Tkachenko Tamila (2018) The Pedagogical Process: Theory and Practice
Crossref

Published
2016-09-30
How to Cite
Щирба, В. (2016). Causes, Prevention and Correction of Impaired Posture in Children of Primary School Age. Teorìâ Ta Metodika Fìzičnogo Vihovannâ, (3), 28-35. https://doi.org/10.17309/tmfv.2016.3.1170
Section
Physical Training at School